CryptoTab Browser

Sunday, January 26, 2020

How I Found Isometrics: The Core Of My Method

When I was a young man, I was small. Smaller than most people actually. It wasn't just that I was small, I was also skinny. Needless to say I was incredibly weak. To be honest between the ages of 9-11 I didn't really think too much about my physical strength. I was bullied of course, but the idea of physically fighting never came to mind. Even when I was chased home by those bullies on 3 separate occasions. Fighting or increasing my strength just wasn't something I concerned myself with. I enjoyed reading, and writing, and playing video games. Why did I need to get stronger? How did I even go about it? I had no guidance or any method as a kid, and no one really galvanized me into caring about it. 

Everything changed however when I entered the 7th and 8th Grade. I switched Schools because I hated the environment of my last one. I was bullied again, but this time by kids who as smart or even smarter than me. I was bullied not only intellectually, but physically as well. Even still that didn't change my mind on exercise one bit. 

There was one person who did though. His name was Brandon, and he was the person who changed everything for me. I'll make a video talking more depth about my "Rival" but just know without him I'd be a totally different person. 

Brandon was someone who both strong and smart. Tall and funny. He was athletic, but was one of the most intelligent guys I knew. I wanted to be just like him. No, I wanted to be better. I wanted to be as tall as him, as fast as him, and his strong as he was. I learned how strong Brandon was through an arm wrestle and I lost spectacularly. I actually was so weak that I even lost arm wrestles to girls. Even that didn't motivate me. However Brandon did. He was a perfect storm in my mind. He was everything I wanted to be. 

The problem was however I had no idea what I needed to do in order to obtain his strength. So I googled, literally, "what is the fastest way to get strong". That's how I found Isometric-training.com. It was a website created by Paul J O'Brien where he laid the foundation for his strength and showed a picture of himself literally holding a man above his head with one arm. It was mind-blowing to 13 year old me.

I absorbed as much information as I could from him. I read all his articles and googled more exercises I could. I created a simple full body exercising routine that I could accomplish literally 10 minutes before I walked to the bus before school. Let me tell you, my strength EXPLODED! Not only was I going through puberty at the time, so I was gaining muscle to begin with, but Isometrics took my strength to levels above and beyond my friends in record time.

I went to from losing every arm wrestle I ever did, to beating people like it was nothing. Literally guys who had bigger muscles than me and exercised for years couldn't handle my strength. I never reached those super human levels of strength that Paul and many others using Isometrics did, but Lord knows I wanted to. The strength gains I obtained, combined with learning Jeet Kune Do changed my entire outlook on life. Before I was terrified of anyone and everyone who was mean to me, but now I had the strength, techniques, and practice to be confident enough to fight anyone who wanted to challenge me. Lucky for me, I never had to, but having that metaphorical gun in my pocket made me feel like my own Hero nonetheless.

Depression and School took my mind off these incredible exercises, which is the reason why I stopped training with them. I wish I had stayed consistent with them in hindsight now. Isometrics are without a shadow of a doubt some of the best exercises to use PERIOD. In the next article I'm going to detail what Isometrics are and how explain why they are the foundation of which I will build this exercising program in my mind. Not only have I learned that isometrics can increase your strength and lean muscle mass, but I also learned they are great for Fat loss well. I'm going to go over everything I know and thoroughly explain why I'm using these exercises as a Core principle to my training. 

Thanks for reading. :D

3 comments:

  1. Wow thats insane I never heard of isometric trainning i will check it out it sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. I also do a lot of Isometric training. Do you still know Brandon today, or know what became of him? I'll be back for the next article. Curious to read your thoughts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good story, it's cool that you still use blogspot

    ReplyDelete

How I Found Isometrics: The Core Of My Method

When I was a young man, I was small. Smaller than most people actually. It wasn't just that I was small, I was also skinny. Needless to ...